Marketing & Outreach Manager
NOTE: The application period for this position is now closed.
Part-time (roughly 20 hours per week) / $20/hr.
Travel and lodging for EEFC events fully compensated
Location: Remote work, with occasional travel as needed (post-COVID)
The East European Folklife Center (EEFC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote, celebrate, and educate the public about traditional and traditionally based music, dance, and cultures of the Balkans. We envision nurturing a global community of passionate amateurs and professionals, sharing what we know and love about Balkan music, dance, and folklore. By supporting study and research in these fields, we promote cross-cultural understanding and awareness about Balkan folk culture, as well as help preserve both historical and living traditions for future generations.
The Marketing & Outreach Manager will help the organization to meet its mission by supporting our promotion, marketing, and development efforts as well as public relations. They will also assist with the coordination and production of our virtual offerings and (post-COVID-19) in-person camps. This person will work closely with the EEFC General Manager, as well as with the Board and most of the organization’s committees.
The Marketing and Outreach Manager will report to the General Manager.
Marketing & Design
- Create and design digital and print media including brochures, flyers, and advertisements.
- Collaborate on website design.
- Produce and disseminate promotional materials.
- Create and publish surveys; analyze survey results.
- Coordinate, design, and produce communications for social media and the listserv to include online and in-person events, monthly newsletters, and mid- and end-of-year reports.
- Support General Manager in production of mailings.
- Monitor social media account activity.
- Coordinate, maintain, and monitor the organization’s calendar including events, activities, and scholarship application deadlines.
- Additionally support scholarship selection process, including promotion, processing of applications, and recordkeeping.
- Provide customer service in collaboration with the General Manager.
- Provide support services at our in-person camps.
- Represent the EEFC at various events, including promotional work and merchandise sales.
- Provide community relations at events of import to our community.
- Participate in the work of the Development Committee.
- Collaborate on design and promotion of fundraising initiatives, including, but not limited to, the Yearly Giving Plan, Giving Tuesday, and Year-End Appeal.
- Promote and support auctions, including coordination of volunteers.
- With the assistance of the Development Committee, develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy, including individual and institutional donor development, member acquisition and retention, and grant writing.
- With the assistance of the Development Committee, design and publicize membership and development campaigns.
- Engage in regular communication via phone, email, and other media to maintain relationships with donors, expand donor networks, and cultivate new donor relationships throughout the year.
Digital Production/Digital Presence
- Video production, including filming, editing, and dissemination of promotional materials for workshops and events.
- Support for online classes and events, including orientation, sound checks, and coordination of volunteers.
- Involvement in producing and testing online registration forms.
- Work with Salesforce software, including creation of reports and maintenance of EEFC’s central database.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; advanced degrees welcome.
- Proven experience managing digital marketing and communications.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Experience with website design and editing.
- Experience with video production and editing.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technology.
- Ability to respond promptly in communications with the General Manager and Board.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete projects in a timely manner.
- 1+ years experience with donor stewardship.
- Proven experience with volunteer coordination.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence and cultural competency.
- Forward thinking, problem solver, and independent.
- Background and interest in Balkan music and dance preferred.